When preparing your house or flat for a final inspection from a landlord or real estate, the condition of the occupancy must be left in a reasonably clean condition. This is the toughest part and even if you miss out any tiny details, it can put at risk of not getting your bond back from the homeowner.
To assist you in getting the property ready for the Exit Condition Report we’ve provided the following checklist.
- Clean oven walls, racks, grill and leave cleaned trays inside. To clean your oven without all the harsh chemicals, mix half a cup of baking soda with three tablespoons of water (adjust ratios as required until you have a smooth paste).
Spread the paste on your oven walls, avoiding the heating elements in an electric oven. Let the paste sit overnight before removing, then spray with vinegar. A foam should form; simply wipe this away.
- Remove stovetop stains and clean thoroughly.
- Wash filters and clean range hood, ensuring the overhead light is working.
- Clean dishwasher, including rubbers, door and filter. For a sparkling dishwasher, our cleaning tip is to shake baking soda onto a damp sponge, and wipe around door seels and to remove food and stains. Adding a small cup of bleach to a cycle will also kill any bacteria, and leave the machine fresh and clean.
- Clear food and debris from sinkholes, plugs, and taps
If your kitchen sink is stainless steel, make it sparkle by wiping it down with a couple of drops of mineral oil and a soft sponge.
- Clean garbage disposals by dropping in slices of lemon, a spoonful of salt and a couple of ice cubes; the lemon deodorizes while the salt and ice remove built-up residues.
- Wash all countertops, benches and surface areas.
- Wipe the inside and outside of all cupboards.
- Clean inside the refrigerator and freezer, removing all food.
- Clean behind the refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave.
- Clean the extractor fan—a quick vacuum will usually do the trick.
- In Toilets / Bathrooms:
- Shower recess to be scrubbed.
- Grouting to be free of all soap residue and mildew.
- Shower curtain (if applicable) to be washed and shower screen to be cleaned
- All plugholes are to be clean and free from debris.
- Mirrors to be wiped over.
- All drawers and cupboards to be cleaned.
- Toilet to be cleaned thoroughly, including bowl, lid, seat, cistern, and behind the toilet.
- In Laundry:
- Washing machine and clothes dryer filter to be cleaned out (if applicable).
- Clean under laundry tub and clean plughole.
- Cupboards to be cleaned thoroughly inside and out.
- Doors/Walls/Skirtings/Screens – Dust & Wash down (Sugar Soap works well) for stubborn stains.
- Door Frames/Wardrobe tracks – Vacuum & wipe over with the damp cloth if have mirrors clean leaving no streaks/smudges.
- Wardrobe/Drawers/Shelves – Vacuum & Wipe over with damp cloth spot mark walls inside if needed.
- Windows / Screens – Vacuum all sills, tracks & screens, clean windows thoroughly ensuring no dust.
- Exhaust Fans/Light fittings – Vacuum & wash all light shades removing all bugs, Vacuum all exhaust.
- Floor Vacuum/Mop – paying particular attention to all edges & corners.
- Power/Light switches – Wipe over with the damp cloth.
In Living Rooms:
Remove Cobwebs, Spots/Marks on Walls (wash down is extra), Airvent, Wipe Cabinets & Drawers in/out with handles and knobs, Counter Tops, Window Frames & Glass from inside, Wipe Switch Boards, Dust/Wipe Lights, Skirting Boards, Vacuum & Mop Floors or Carpet Steam Cleaning (as applicable).
- Balcony/Deck – Sweep away dust & cobwebs, mop if needed clean windows ensuring no streaks/smudges.
- Garage/Storeroom -Sweep out , Spot mark walls.
- Staircases/Railings _ Remove all cobwebs & wipe down with the damp cloth.
You will be busy with packing and organizing things. So, it is tricky because the property agent tries everything possible to make sure you don’t get bond back. If you are looking for the end of cleaning to make easier, our end of cleaning services is the best choice.