Cleaning Services – Terms and Conditions
NOTE: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. BY APPOINTING A SERVICE YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE, FROM TIME TO TIME IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION. WE WILL NOTIFY YOU OF AMENDMENTS TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BY POSTING THEM TO THIS WEBSITE.
All estimates are given based on national average room sizes.
- Any estimate is only an estimate based on the property being left in a reasonable cleanliness state and may change once the cleaners sight the property.
- We reserve the right to alter the estimate upon viewing the property if bedrooms are larger than 12 square metres, living rooms are larger than 15 square metres, hallways larger than 4 square meters, rugs larger than 12 square meters or bathrooms and kitchen are larger than described.
- We also reserve the right to change the estimate if the property conditions are different to those described or the customer’s original requirements are altered or the property cleanliness is not in a reasonable state.
- The customer is to provide access to the property when the service is due to be performed. If he/she is not available at the appointed time the customer is responsible for providing us access to the keys. Failure to provide access is subject to a 50% or $250 cancellation/postponement fee which is greater.
- If the cleaners arrive at the property or the real estate and then the service is cancelled or they can not get access as keys that were supposed to be left out are not there or the person meeting them does not arrive then a service fee of 50% will be deducted from your payment and the balance refunded. If the service is less than $500 a flat fee of $250 applies.
- Running water and electricity must be available within the property where the cleaning service is to be carried out. Failure to provide these is subject to a $250 non-refundable fee.
- Payment is to be made by bank transfer prior to the day of the Service. The customer is obligated to make the payment before our team starts the service.
- When paying by bank transfer, this has to be completed no later than 24 hours prior to the Service’s time. We reserve the right to cancel an appointment if no payment has been received.
- Where SV End of Lease Cleaning has agreed to invoice a customer for payment of fees after the Service has been completed, the Customer agrees to pay in full, all fees due, on the same day as the service.
- The Customer agrees that if SV End of Lease Cleaning has not received payment in full for the Service within one working day of the original invoice date then a late payment fee of $35 applies for the first month. Interest will be charged on a fixed rate of 10% per annum for each day that any amount remains outstanding thereafter.
- In addition to the amounts set out above, the Customer agrees to indemnify SV End of Lease Cleaning for all legal costs (on a solicitor and own client or full indemnity basis, whichever is greater) and any other expenses incurred by SV End of Lease Cleaning in connection with a demand, action, or other proceeding (including mediation, out of court settlement or any action taken for recovery of a debt from the Customer) arising out of a breach of these terms including the failure by the Customer to pay an amount by the due date.
- SV End of Lease Cleaning reserves the right to report any non-payment to either a collection agency and or is not limited to also reporting non-payment to the Credit Reference Association (CRA), the TICA database and or your property agent at its sole discretion and in doing this may affect your credit rating and or ability to seek rental properties in the future.
- We do not charge cancellation fees for the cancellation/re-scheduling of any service if we have been informed more than 2 days before the service is due to be conducted; otherwise a $100 cancellation/re-scheduling fee applies.
- Any refunds provided will be made minus the 10% booking fee which is a non-refundable charge.
- We reserve the right to refuse any job if we deem the condition of the property is dangerous for the safety, health, or well being of our contractors.
- We reserve the right to re-schedule or cancel any appointment if the property is not as described either in condition or size, or if unexpected circumstances occur.
- The time and date of the clean given is approximate and we reserve the right to re-schedule the clean for anytime with the following 48 hours if unexpected circumstances occur such as a sick team member or the contractor has an emergency. If you are not happy to re-schedule the clean and wish to cancel a $100 cancellation/re-scheduling fee applies.
- If your clean must be completed by a certain time day/time it is your responsibility to advise us of that when placing your booking.
End Of Lease Back Guarantee
- Our guarantee means that we will return free of charge to rectify any issues the agent has with our cleaning provided they are on our standard checklist.
- To claim this guarantee you need to email us within 72 hours (not including weekends or public holidays) with the exit report and the agents details. This will only be accepted in writing by email.
- No exceptions to the 72 hour condition unless discussed with us by email (in writing) before the clean has taken place.
- All services are considered provided to a standard the customer would expect unless otherwise stated by the customer within 48 hours of the service being conducted. All complaints will be investigated and a resolution will be made to the satisfaction of the customer or a standard we deem reasonable.
- All service complaints etc must be submitted in writing by email.
- The customer must agree to allow a re-clean or an inspection of any work deemed unsatisfactory before he/she arranges third party to conduct services.
- Even though our technicians make every effort not to damage items, accidents occasionally happen. Therefore we recommend that all items of special value (either monetary or sentimental) are to be put away and/or not cleaned during this service.
- We may request access to a property where a problem has occurred within 24 hours of the service to investigate in an attempt to come to a resolution.
- We advise not to place any furniture on carpet that is not 100 % dry and shall not be liable for any damage this may cause.
- We are not responsible for any existing damage to the customer’s property that is not able to be cleaned or repaired by our technicians using standard methods of practice.
- We are fully insured and covered for every job we agree to take.
- Our team will do their best to clean kitchen appliances but please note that if they have not been regularly cleaned or there is some existing damage we are not liable for items that cannot be cleaned using standard methods.
- If you require your fridge/freezer to be cleaned, you are responsible for emptying and defrosting it in advance.
- Our gardening service estimates do not include the removal of collected waste. If you require this service, you must request it additionally.
- The Customer must inform SV End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne of any incident where an accident, breakage, damage to property or theft has occurred due to any act of a Cleaner within 72 hours of completion of the Service.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Customer is not entitled to claim any loss for any incident if the incident is not reported to SV End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne within 72 hours of completion of the Service.
- To the extent permitted by law, damage or loss to the following items is specifically excluded from the liability of SV End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne under these terms and conditions: cash, jewellery, art, antiques, and items of sentimental value in which are not limited to only the above named items.
Additions and Amendments
- Any changes made to the Service provided or to be provided must be agreed by SV End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne prior to the Service Time in writing.
- If the Customer requires any additional services or variations at the time the Service is being performed, the Customer must first contact SV End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne by telephone or email who may agree to provide the additional services in its absolute discretion. The Cleaner is not authorised to agree to any such changes to the Service and or products being provided or used. The Customer must not request such changes directly from the Cleaner.
- If SV End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne attends a job site with the provision that a job has been confirmed by a client and the services are no longer needed or warranted a $250 cancellation/re-scheduling fee applies
Customer Representations and Warranties
- The customer will provide a safe working environment at the Premises for the Cleaner to perform the Service
- Our cleaner will have unencumbered and unobstructed access to all areas of the Premises requiring the Service
- All cleaning equipment and materials provided by the Customer is at their sole discretion however for the safety of our team we kindly ask that these are to be both non caustic and or non toxic. We ask that any product and or equipment supplied by a customer has not been tampered with and is considered to be in full working order and accompanied with the appropriate MSDS forms and applicable licences if warranted.
- The customer will advise SV End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne prior to the commencement of the Service of any hazards, slippery surfaces, risks or dangers, ingrained dirt, grease or grime at the Premises.
- The customer authorises SV End of Lease Cleaning the use of the Premises to complete the provision of Service and or services unless otherwise told to cease
- If a Customer requires a Cleaner to clean behind or under a heavy item (i.e.; A fridge, bookshelf, or other reasonably deemed heavy item) The customer will be required to move these items prior to the commencement of the Service; Any item moved by the customer either before during or after a service will be done at the customers sole risk. SV End of Lease Cleaning encourages that you follow the applicable health & Safety measures to do so in a safe manner.
No Engagement of Cleaners
- The Customer acknowledges SV End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne invests significant resources in recruiting, selecting and training its Cleaners. Unless SV End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne gives prior written permission, the Customer must not in any way or manner directly or indirectly, engage, employ or contract with any Cleaner provided by SV End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne for any period during which services are provided by SV End of Lease Cleaning or for a period of 12 months after the conclusion of any Service.
- The Customer acknowledges that SV End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne may suffer loss and damage, including, without limitation consequential loss, as a result of a breach of this clause by the Customer.
Exclusions and Limitations
- The only conditions and warranties which are binding on SV End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne in respect of the state, quality or condition of goods and services supplied by SV End of Lease Cleaning to Customers are those imposed and required to be binding by statute (including the Trade Practices Amendment Act 2010).
- To the extent permitted by statute, the liability, if any, of SV End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne is, at SV End of Lease Cleaning option, limited to and completely discharged by the resupply of the Service. SV End of Lease Cleaning is not responsible for:
- Not completing or providing the Service as a result of a breach of a warranty by the Customer (including a failure by the Customer to provide proper materials, cleaning equipment, utility services, a safe working environment or unencumbered access to the Premises); or
- Any damages caused by defective cleaning materials or cleaning equipment provided by the Customer;
- Not completing or providing the Service as a result of the cleaner not proceeding for health and safety reasons under clause 4;
- Any loss or damage incurred by the Customer or any third party as a result of the effects of a force majeure, being any event beyond the reasonable control of SV End of Lease Cleaning such as extreme weather, vehicle accidents, emergencies or illness;
- Not completing or providing the Service due to an act or omission of the Customer or any other person at the Premises during provision of the Service;
- Existing dirt, wear, damage or stains that cannot be completely cleaned or removed with reasonable endeavours by SV End of Lease Cleaning;
- Any wear or discolouring of fabric or surfaces becoming more visible once dirt has been removed;
- The cost of any key replacement or locksmith fees, unless keys were lost by SV End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne or the Cleaner.
- The Customer acknowledges that the results of any services provided may vary depending on a number of factors (including materials used, equipment provided, time elapsed since a premises was last cleaned, The nature of cleaning required and or not limited to permanent stains or wear and tear), and that SV End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne gives no guarantee as to the actual results of the Service.
- Except to the extent provided in this clause, SV End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne has no liability (including liability in negligence) to any person for any loss or damage, consequential or otherwise, suffered or incurred by that person in relation to the products or services provided by SV End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne (including any loss caused by, or resulting directly or indirectly from, any failure, defect or deficiency or any kind of products used or services provided by SV End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne).
- The Customer indemnifies SV End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne against:
- All losses or liabilities arising directly or indirectly as a result of the provision of the Service including all losses or liabilities caused as a result of a breach of the warranties of the Customer; and
- All legal costs (on a solicitor and own client or full indemnity basis, whichever is greater) and other expenses incurred by SV End Of Lease Cleaning Melbourne in connection with a demand, action, arbitration or other proceeding (including mediation, compromise, out of court settlement or appeal and including any action taken for the recovery of a debt from the Customer).
CARPET STEAM CLEANING –
1. 4.1. Our standard steam carpet cleaning will remove dirt, grime and dust from everyday foot traffic and most clear liquid spills. Extra charges may apply to heavily soiled carpets.
2. 4.2. Our best effort will be made to clean the carpets, but the result will vary from carpet to carpet, and the result will be dependent on a number of factors beyond the control of quality cleaning and that we give no guarantee as to the actual result of the service.
3. 4.3. Any wear or discolouring of fabric or surfaces becoming more visible once dirt has been removed. Some stains that are deemed permanent may not respond satisfactorily to any treatment. For this reason, we do not guarantee removal of permanent stains.
4. 4.4. We advise not to walk or place any furniture on the carpet that is not 100 % dry and shall not be liable for any damage this may cause.
5. 4.5. For stain and spot removal on carpets, the nature of some spots or stains marks is impossible to restore original colour or texture. At times a spot and stain will appear to be even more visible after a general cleaning of a material. Spotting and stain removal work on rust, liquor, cosmetic, ink, coffee, lipstick and the like is performed at customer risk because removal of some spot and stains is not guarantee due to different factors, Considering nature of material, type of stain and age of stain or spot. Carpeting in nature has certain permanent characterises such as fluffing, blooming, pile shading, colour fading, browning, shredding on high trafficking area, pressing of pile which cannot be cleaned or fixed with carpet cleaning.
5. END OF LEASE / MOVE OUT CLEANINGS –
1. 5.1. This is customer’s responsibility to make sure electricity and hot water is connected as per as our requirement for cleaning. We cannot guarantee 100% results if it's not provided as hot water and electricity is must to clean items such as oven, range hood, carpets, floors, bathrooms shower tiles etc. Customer should provide parking or pay for parking charge if required.
2. 5.2. For unfurnished properties – This is customer's responsibility to make property empty as per as our requirement for cleaning. Moving of furniture or items is not included and must be moved by customer prior to booking. Property needs to be empty if not furnished on the day of cleaning or will incur additional costs as it takes more time in cleaning or delays our staff from starting a job. If items are not removed, then we will do cleaning around them and cannot guarantee100% results.
3. 5.3. For furnished properties – For bond cleaning of fully furnished properties wiping of furniture and appliances e.g. coffee table, microwave, fridge etc., is not included and can be done at additional cost. The service excludes cleaning of kitchenware (e.g. cutlery) and linens (e.g. bed sheets).
4. 5.4. For the properties which have not been cleaned on a regular basis then it is not possible to achieve 100% cleaning results and it may incur extra costs.
5. A re-clean will only address the problems listed in the property manager / agents reports
- No guarantee for dust settlement that occurs normally between service compilation time and inspection. Accumulation of dust over time is considered normal and activities such as ‘open homes’ are likely to speed up this process.
- our bond guarantee does not cover Issue arising from negligence of a Client or third party due to failure to meet their obligations in terms of this Agreement;
- pre-existing damages or conditions of your place does not cover by bond back guarantee
- Issue arising from flooding and/or water damage including mould, fungi or bacteria does not covered by bond back guarantee
- Issue related to repairs outside of the area where the Services were performed does not covered by bond back guarantee
- Our bond back guarantee does not cover furnished property
- Please note that if we do not receive any complaint for end of lease cleaning regarding to the Service delivered within one week after the Service is delivered, the Service will be deemed to have been delivered to the satisfaction of the Client.
- You must not allow your real estate to send their cleaners to fix the issue after we complete your cleaning but instead you must tell your real estate agent that you will contact us to return back to fix the issue if you allow your real estate agent to send their cleaners we don’t refund or give you discount of the payment that you made
- Our bond guarantee does not include Ceiling Walls, Garage walls or deep stains
6. PAYMENT –
1. 6.1. The client agreed to made the same day of our service. Payments can be made before or while our staff are at the premises only or we will hold the keys until payment has been settled.
2. 6.2. Payment may be made by cash or via card over the phone (with credit card only) (2% surcharge on credit card, visa or Master Card only). Payment must be settled 40 mins before our service is done if customer will not be returning to property. Payments by bank transfer should be made to: Account Name: Quality Cleaning Service Melbourne Pty. Ltd Account BSB: 063 121 Account No: 1102 1413 Transaction Name: Ref No or name
3. 6.3. We will email you the Tax Invoice once the payment is done.
4. 6.4. Late payment fee of $10 applies for the first month. Interest will be charged at the fixed rate of 10% per annum on each day that any amount remains outstanding thereafter.
7. GST –
1. 7.1. All prices and quotations are expressed to be GST exclusive amounts.The Company charges GST at the current rate of 10% on the actual amount of the job.
8. CANCELLATION & RESCHEDULE FEE –
1.8.1. In order to provide a professional service and to avoid any business disruption caused by no-shows, and short notice cancellations; the minimum cancellation notice period is 48 hours. If for any valid reason you require the booking to be adjusted, pleasecontact us as soon as possible to determine the most suitable accommodation.
2.8.2. No charges for the rescheduling at least 48 hours before. Conditions for failure to meet notification periods are listed below:
1. a) When customer fails to provide 48-hour cancellation notice period, the Customer agrees to pay a cancellation fee of $40;
2. b) In the event that customer does not appear or does not provide unencumbered access to the premises for Our company representative on the day of the service, the customer agrees to pay a cancellation fee of $80 for administrative and travel costs that is equivalent to our minimum call out fee;
3. c) If the property is not ready for the cleaning at the service time including tenant still in the process of moving, the customer agrees to pay $40 per hour, per representative of disruption caused or waiting, If the customer cancel for the same day he agrees to pay a fee of $80 for administrative and travel costs that is equivalent to our minimum call out fee.
9. LAW & JURISDICTION –
The Customer and the company acknowledge and accept that this Agreement shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Victoria and both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria in the event of any dispute.
10. COPYRIGHT –
The content of this Agreement is protected by international copyright laws and may be used for personal reference only. Subject to applicable law, permission to copy, alter, reproduce, publish, transmit and/or otherwise distribute this content is forbidden without first obtaining the prior written permission from the company